September 21, 2015

The Body Shop Vitamin E Eyes Cube | Review

Couple months ago, The Body Shop Indonesia had a new addition to the Vitamin E skincare line. It is the Vitamin E Eyes Cube. I am sure some of you has seen it before and has been wondering if it is good or just another gimmicky thing. So by the time I saw it in the counter, it caught my eyes. The packaging is so cute and small, but no no no.. we don't want to waste our money on stuffs just because of the packaging -- even though sometimes I still did. Female problem.. So here I am giving you my personal opinion about The Body Shop Vitamin E Eyes Cube and hopefully this will help you with your purchase.



So I was hesitate to buy at first because it was different from the normal eye creams in the market. It is in a stick form, like a deodorant. And then I went to the counter and tried it on my hand and surprisingly it feels really nice, moist and cool. So considering the price that was quite affordable, I decided to buy and try it. 



Packaging comes in small pink box, like the other Vitamin E line. The product itself is a round stick tube like a lipbalm tube but shorter and chubbier. It has the cap and another lid inside that look like the protector to avoid the product exposed to the air and all the germs. So the packaging is quite mindful. To dispense the product itself, you just have to swirl it like a lipbalm and the product will going up. Then all you have to do just swipe it directly to your under eye area. It is super easy and practical, and of course, travel friendly for the tiny size.




The Body Shop claimed this product to help "reverse appearance of tired eyes, dry lines, eye bags and dark circles appear reduced". Well.. In my personal opinion, this Vitamin E Eyes Cube comes a very balmy consistency, but it glides like butter when applied to the skin. When I applied it under my eyes, I feel it instantly moisturize and absorb super fast on my under eyes area. It is lightweight and not greasy. There is a nice cooling and soothing effect that awaken my eyes in no time, especially when you keep it in the fridge overnight. If you take a close look on it, you will see that the balm has shimmer particles (most of The Body Shop Eye Creams has shimmers in it) which gives a slightly brightening effect. So for the two reasons mentioned above, I like to use this eyes cube in the morning or before I put my makeup. 





But unfortunately the goodness stop just right there as for this two weeks I did not notice any further improvement on my fine lines and dark circles. As it is bad enough and I'm getting older, I probably need a stronger eye creams for good. The moisturizing effect did not last long enough. After 2 - 3 hours of usage I noticed that my under eyes started to dry and I have to re-apply again. I used it only in the morning and in the night I use Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye which I have reviewed before. 

(Left: My Bare Hand --- Right: Apply one swipe of The Body Shop Vitamin E Eyes Cube, you can see the slightest brightening effect from the shimmers)

So here's my overall thoughts on the products



What I love (Pros):

Compact and travel friendly packaging
Easy and fast application
Instant moisturizing and cooling effect
Lightweight, not greasy
Reduced eye bags in no time
Good before applying concealer



What I less love (Cons):
Very short effect (2-3 hours)
Did not show any improvement on fine lines nor dark circles



The price is pretty cheap. It is retailed at IDR 189.000 for 4 gr at the counter. Since I am a Fan member of The Body Shop, I got 10% discount for new products. You can find The Body Shop Counter almost in every malls in Indonesia, and you can also buy the products at www.thebodyshop.co.id. They have a lot of promotion every now and then, so you can get a pretty good deal around 20%-30% discount if you are willing to wait. 




I did not expect it to be really really great, but I do think that it actually perform as good as how I expect it to be. This eye cream will work great on teenagers around 12th to their early 20th or someone with a sensitive skin. They will surely love it. But as you are hitting 25 years old, I suggest you to use eye creams with more anti-aging properties, because it is always better to prevent than cure. I believe there are lots of other eye cream in the market that will give the same quality and result with a better price, so I probably will not repurchase it again in the future. But as I always mentioned to everyone, how things work for me may not be the same with other people due to the different skin types and problems. So if you think about purchasing it, go ahead to The Body Shop and try it out first, then if you like it just buy it.

PS: You can check my review on Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye here

2 comments:

  1. the eye is one organ that needs treatment, thanks for the information. eye care softgel

    ReplyDelete
  2. In New York, Advanced Spa’s online store is filled with best facial spa and anti-aging facials promising to make you look years younger. Buy skin care product for your skin type.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *