September 12, 2015

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye | Review

I worked in hospitality for 4 years and as some of you know, working in a hospitality industry can be hard for some people, especially for someone like me who needs a lot of rest and get tired easily. I can worked for long hours but in result of that I will get a baggy eyes and a very bad dark circles around my eyes.

I have tried few different eye creams hoping to get a better and fresher looking eye and sadly, most of it did not resolve my problem enough. I'm not saying that they weren't good but just probably I chose the wrong eye creams to treat my eye problems. So I read reviews around internet on some other eye creams and found out that Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye is possibly a good one for me.


I have very dry under eye area, fine wrinkles and very bad dark circles as a results of lacking of sleep and having to wear makeup all day long. Removing my makeup can be pretty painful because of the rubbing and chemical involved, no matter how gentle I try to remove it, still it will hurt my under eye areas. I also prone to get mylias under my eyes if I used a thicker eye cream. So understanding my eye condition, I am looking for a lightweight eye cream that moisturizing and reduce the appearance of dark circles and fine lines.    

(This is how my eyes looked before I used Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye)

As mentioned on the box, Kiehl's claimed that "this product is a restorative night treatment, infused with Butcher's Broom Extract as well as a blend of natural oils, visibly reduces puffiness and diminishes the appearance of the fine line. With under-eye skin feeling strengthened and replenished, awaken to younger-looking eyes by morning." So let's just get into the review and see if this stuff really does a good job and meet up my expectation.


So the packaging comes in a dark blue squeeze tube with a felt tip which is very hygiene because you don't have to dip your finger just like the small pot packaging. And this also eases you to dispense the product just the right amount that you need. Comes out to be a white cream with lightweight texture that glides and dissolves nicely under your eyes. It is not too thick and doesn't feel oily, absorbs very well into the skin leaving a nice and moisturized surface. It has a strong Lavender scent that comes from the Lavender Oil just like the Midnight Recovery Concentrate which I love.


My first impression using it, it was very easy to applied. My eyes feels moisturized and smooth, it has a cooling effect and soothing natural lavender smell. If you don't like fragrance in your skincare product, don't worry because you can barely smell it unless you sniff it right to your nose, and it only last for not more that one minute. It is not oily when applied to the eyes, very lightweight and absorbs in no amount of time.

I continue using it now and it has been one week on going, and I can say that I am quite satisfied with the result. I used it only at nighttime before going to sleep, because it will work best when you sleep and not as effective in the daytime. Just as explained by the beauty consultant, when we are sleeping, it is the time for our body to restore itself. In daytime I will use The Body Shop Vitamin E Eyes Cube. So back again.. I saw changes on my under eye area. It is not as dry as before and the dark circles and eye bags are visibly reduced. But the fine lines is still there and it doesn't appear to be diminished at all. Well.. I did not expect much for the first week but this is a good result and let's see if it keeps on doing it's job for the next months of usage.

(Left: First day using -- Right: After 1 week using Kiehl's Midnight Recover Eye)

So here's my overall thoughts of the products

What I love (Pros):
Comes in hygienic packaging
Smells nice
Moisturizing and smoothing
Reduced dark circles and puffy eyes
Lightweight and not oily
Absorbs in no time

What I less love (Cons):
Pricey
Doesn't reduce fine lines yet

This eye cream retails at IDR 550.000 for 15ml at official Kiehl's counter which you can find at some big malls in bigger cities in Indonesia. In the States, it is retail at USD 36. It is still quite expensive for just an eye cream, but given the result, I would say that it is a pretty comparable price. I will not say that this product will be as effective as I am to other person since everyone has a different needs. But if you do have problems with dark circles and puffy eyes, then this might be the eye cream that you are looking for.

I'm still looking for the perfect eye cream for the daytime and a good one to be placed under my makeup. So if you have any suggestion, please don't forget to comments below.

See you on the nest post.

7 comments:

  1. It’s my nightly ritual Love the way it makes my skin feel every morning ...:) been using it for many years now ... thank you Patricia Hunt ...
    https://linhcorner.com/product-category/beauty-health/skincare/

    ReplyDelete
  2. There many beauty care and home products can be found here, amazing store.
    https://nanacorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to reintroduce this to my skincare routine. I bought it here:
    https://linhcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried shopping on this website. This is a great choice. Fast delivery service, good quality and free shipping anywhere. try and feel offline
    https://nordicwallcanvas.com

    ReplyDelete

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *