January 19, 2016

Beauty Favorites of 2015


Hello People.. It literally took me years to finally finish this post, but here it is. I'm going to wrap up my beauty favorites in 2015. To be honest, I never really get too attached to any products in particular, because I always try to switch up every now and then and give every single of them an equal love (they're my babies, of course I have to. lol). But I do have products which I keep on coming back all the time and reached out the most. So without any further do, let's jump right in.



MUFE Step 1 Primer
This stuff is a life saver. I admit that it can be too much for a daily use just because it doesn't come all in one, but it is everything for a makeup artist. This primer comes in 11 different formulas for every skin tone and skin texture, giving you a flawless complexion and full-proof makeup. You'd just never go wrong with it. Click here to read my full review.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

A classic love. I love this foundation ever since the beginning of my makeup addiction and it never fails me. This full coverage foundation is just perfect to create a super flawless complexion without making the face look cakey. I use this a lot on myself and my clients, and they love it just as much as I do. The color range is huge and most importantly the staying power is insane. I use NC25, NC35, and NC42 for my kit and mix them up for any other color in between. Surely it didn't get its hype for nothing.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser - Light
I don't even know how my makeup survive before this. Even though I don't really like the sponge tip, this concealer is so great that I have forget about it. It's creamy, has an amazing coverage and easy to apply. Just swipe it under your eyes and blend with a beauty blender or brush of your choice and bake it. Boom! Your dark circle is gone.


Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Well last year, I was all about contouring. Instant cheekbone? Definitely yes! I almost never left my home without contouring my face and this contour powder is what I have been using all the time. You know you really like a product when you put a huge dent on the surface. This is super pigmented and blends very well on the skin, you can either go for a bold sharp contour, or you can just blend it our for a softer result.

The Balm Frat Boy
On days when I don't know what blush I should use, my Frat Boy is always been there for me. This blush is the kind that goes well with any kind of look and will suit people in many different skintone. Like other typical The Balm Powders, this can be used as a blush or as an eyeshadow, even though I did. It's very pigmented so a light swipe is enough.
Another blush that has been my holy grail are from MAC and I've been switching between Melba and Gingerly simultaneously. They give just the right amount of flush on the cheek without looking too much, keeping it nice and natural. Melba leans toward the peachy side, while Gingerly is more of a brownish nude.




Use this on its own for a light wash of color or under eyeshadow as a primer to enhance the shimmers and color. Very easy to apply and blendable. I own this for almost 2 years now and don't see any sign of drying out. So that's great. It has received so many love in the past. I wonder why nobody mention it these days, so I need to give it a shout out.

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
If you are looking for neutral and glamour in the same time, this is the answer. I have tried so many different eyeshadows that I can find and nothing compares to this. It's a cool tone based neutral and that's probably why I like it better than the others, just because I like an ashy looking eye. It's perfect for a bridal makeup and it always accompany me to every makeup job. Love love it! 

L'Oreal Brow Artist Genius Kit
This brow kit is a recent finds, but I just know that I like it that much that it has to goes into this year favorites. Consist of a wax and a powder that blend out beautifully, this kit is great for the natural brow's fans out there and well.. it is very kind to the wallet. My shade is 01 Medium to Dark and it suits my black Asian hair perfectly. You can see the review and swatches here.



MAC Lipstick - Angel
I have a lot of MAC lipstick and I love them. I really want to mention every single of them, but oh I gotta choose. So after a long thought and a 1 hour staring contest with them, I drop my choice to Angel as my top favorite. This "soft pink" lipstick accompanies me almost every time. It just looks beautiful and compliments many different makeup looks. Not only it compliments fair skin, but women of color can also pull this out. Who doesn't like to get questioned what's on your lips all the time. Well.. I do.

MAC Lipstick - Brave
Another lipstick that I love from MAC is Brave. This one is my perfect 'My Lips But Better' color. A great neutral for all along the year. I would grab this on day to day basis along with Angel and switch up between the two whenever I feel like it. I can see myself repurchasing it in the future.

Bourjois Velvet Rouge Edition - 07 Nude-ist

Okay, I can not stop with just 2 lip product. So another lip color that's my favorite for this year is Nude-is by Bourjois. It is another nude color, but deeper in color and has mauve undertone to it. Since it comes in a liquid lipstick form, it has a great staying power. Definitely worth the try.


Beauty Blender
If I can recommend one makeup tool that every girl and their mama should have, it would be Beauty Blender. I didn't know what took me so long to finally purchase it, but by the second I tried it, it changed my makeup game. It give the most natural looking complexion. Use it to apply your foundation, concealer, and even setting powder. So versatile and definitely worth the cash. Go and invest on it if you don't have it yet.

SKII Facial Treatment Essence
'Magic in a bottle'. That's how I would call this miracle water. This clear liquid hydrates the skin, even out skin discoloration, prevents and heals acne, brighten, and another gazilion benefits that you would've wanted from a skincare. I've tried another essence that was said to be a dupe, but it's nowhere near. SKII proofs itself a champion. I highly highly recommend it.

Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Cream
Now this face cream is what I called 'daebak'. My curiosity didn't fail me. I use this religiously every night and ever since my skin looks plumped and healthy. It is so lightweight, yet it still gives a good amount of hydration to the skin without leaving it looking greasy and feeling yucky. One thing, the green tea scent is everything. A must try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *