December 13, 2015

Top 5 Glitter Nail Polishes for The Holiday Season


I realized that I never talked about nail polishes. Not that I hate it, I just don't wear them very often. I do collect some and wear them for special occasions like Christmas, because let's admit that nail polishes can bring our appearance to the next level. And specially on Christmas and New Year, I don't know why, but the mood just made me wanna look extra fancy. It's kinda special. For this season, I'm all about glitters and sparkles. So let's talk about a little inspiration of my nail polishes picks for Christmas Day and New Year Parties.




My family used to have a huge Christmas Tree full with glittery balls (sadly we don't have them now) and this polish reminds me of it. It is a very sheer pink polish with gold micro glitter. I layered it twice to get the opacity as in the photo above. If you layer it three times, this will give even more opacity and sparkles and it will make your nails exceptionally stand out. This polish is a limited edition which comes with the OPI Serena Collection. But no worry, because you can still find it on Amazon (link attached).




Every woman must have at least one bottle of gold nail polish in their life. This particular color is very sexy, glamorous and elegant. It suits your little black dress, that red long dress, the white backless dress, and literally anything. This color from Innisfree has chunkier gold glitters, so you actually like wearing a disco ball on your nail and I love it for some reason. They made it even more glamorous. If you are wondering, mine is from the old collection which already discontinued. They have renew their colors, packaging and formulas. However, I found a dupe from the newer version which is identical in color and comes in a better formula. I linked it in the subtitle, so go and check it out.


Skinfood Pedicure Sparkle #11 Sparkle Diamond

This nail polish might develop a love and hate relationship with some people as well as I am. I don't think everyone can wear this color comfortably. it's a very unique color. It's a white glitter. Not silver nor gold. It's just sparkly white like a diamond milled into small chunks, the name describe everything. I love this for Christmas, because it literally makes me look like I have a sprinkle of snow on my nails. It will especially looks good on fair skintone and create the cool Ice Queen kinda look.


Skinfood Happy Nail Kit #2 Red (LE)


Well.. It's not Christmas if there is no red included. This pure bright red polish is armed with red glitters and will give you a super sexy look. Beware boys.. Sexy is on her way! So I exclusively pull this from my collection in the Holiday Season as it looks more appropriate to wear it during that time. Otherwise, it can be a little bit too intimidating. Bad news is, this came in a Limited Holiday Collection 'Eva Armisen for Skinfood: Happy Nail Kit' in 2013 (yep.. It's that old). Good news is, China Glaze Ruby Pump and Zoya Karina are very similar but just a little bit deeper in color. So if you wanna get your hand on this color, those are a great dupe.

Skinfood Happy Nail Kit #3 Indigo (LE)

Wearing this reminds me of a starry Christmas night when the milky way is visible to the eyes. It's a very deep indigo color with blue glitter. It also has a little bit of green undertone which add more uniqueness. The color is very deep and almost black, but somehow it gives me a very calm Christmas Night mood. Such a beautiful Holiday color. FYI, this also came in the same 'Eva Armisen for Skinfood: Happy Nail Kit' collection as the red polish above.

If you ask me which color do I like the most, I would answer that the Indigo color is definitely a stand out. So which one is your favorites? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *