October 07, 2015

When I Wake Up.. - My Morning Skincare Routine


My skin history has been up and down. It has not always been this good (It's not perfect but I still love it. There's no perfect skin anyway) and it is a long way to finally reach this skin condition.
So during high school, I used to have acne all over my face, I like to pressed them and obviously it left me with a scar and uneven skin tone. Finally some angels opened my eyes at my early 20s, I started to take care of my skin. I tried several different products one at a time, some worked and some just made my skin breakout even more. After some times hopping from one product to another, I finally found and stick to a routine that works well for me.

My skin type is dehydrated, oily with hormonal acne, and uneven skin tone. And this is the routine that works great for my skin type, but please be aware that my skincare routine might not be working that great for other people. So if you are not sure, it is better for you to consult to a dermatologist.


In this post, I specifically talk about my morning routine and I will do a separate post for my night time routine. Otherwise it gonna be like a fairy tale long and you guys would be finishing 5 bags of chips, or even worse sleeping in the middle of the post. (T-T)


Alright, let's keep it short and hop into it, shall we? 



Facial Wash: My morning routine usually begin with washing my face. For this step I use Hada Labo Tamagohada Mild Peeling Face Wash. I have been using it for about 2 years now and had no plan on switching very soon. It contains AHA (Glycolic Acid) & BHA (Salicilic Acid) which work as a mild chemical exfoliant. I would usually massage my face with the lather for about 1 minute, giving the acids some times to really work out. Then I just rinse my face with water and my skin left feeling super clean and fresh. When my skin wasn't going so crazy, I switched to Rachel K Stem Cell Purifying Cleansing Gel for a gentler alternative. It has a very calming natural scent and doesn't dried out my skin. But weirdly, I can not find any of the Rachel K skincare anywhere now, it probably has been discontinued which is sad. It's a Singapore brand, so if anyone know where I can buy this, please tell me. I just love it so so so much.

Toner: In the morning I use Avene Thermal Spring Water as a toner because it's very gentle and it returns hydration into my skin. This is just a nice thing to freshen up your face and prepping your skin to continue with the next step.


Essence: Ever since I incorporate this step to my routine, my skincare routine has been work effectively. I used to use the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence and I looved it and it's sooo expensive it drives my wallet crazy. So once I ran out of it, I looked at other similar options in the market. I drop my choice to Missha The First Treatment Essence which works just as well. What I do is I put it on my hand and gently pat it around my face and my neck, then you want to wait for around 30 seconds for it to be absorbed fully. This essence type of treatment is said will boost the effect of your skincare products three times better. Other than that, it keeps my skin smooth and hydrated, even out my skin tone and heals acne a lot faster.


Serum: Olay Total Effects 7in1 Anti-Aging Serum has been pleasing me for more than 1 year now. I love the way it makes my skin feels super soft, smooth, and supple. This will helps you fight 7 signs of aging such as fine lines, freckles, dryness, etc. So far, it hasn't let me down yet so I will continue to use it.


Eye Treatment: The Body Shop Vitamin E Eyes Cube is a good general eye treatment. It is hydrating, but didn't do much more than that. It's not bad, but it's not good enough for me. So I'm just attempting to finish it soon and probably will back to Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream. I have written a full review previously, so if you want to know more about it, you can check it right here.


Moisturizer: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ is the moisturizer that I've been using for quite some times now. Even though it's dedicated for drier skin type, it doesn't make my face oily and I quite like it because it gives just the right amount of moisture to help eases my makeup application.


SPF: I don't use SPF religiously every single day. I know... This is like the biggest BEAUTY SIN ever, but I'm just too lazy to remember it. So as an alternative, usually I will go for BB Cream that has SPF, so I don't have to apply separate SPF and Foundation. If I plan to go to the beach, or if the day was so sunny then I will use SPF 50+. For now I have been liking Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42/PA+++ and Etude Sun Prise All Proof SPF 50/PA+++


Lip Treatment: Currently I am loving the Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm and Nivea Lip Butter, both keep my lips soft for a long period of time and it smells really good, especially the Vanilla & Macadamia Scent.


That's it my morning skincare routine. I hope it does help some people. If you have any good recommendation, please feel free to add it in the comments below. So what's your skincare routine lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *