October 25, 2015

My Life So Far: What Happen After I Left My Day Job


Hey guys.. As I am sitting here now, I thought I wanna give you some update on how everything has been doing lately.


Some of you might have read on my first 'cheeky' post that I gave up my day job and shifting to a freelance makeup artist. Something that I have been dreaming for so long. Doing the work that we passionate about. It might sound so fancy and beautiful, but no.. Not at all. In fact, before you get into the fancier and more beautiful part, there's this whole rocky path thingy that you have to pass first. At least, that's what I learn form this whole 2 months. 

Honestly, things has not been that great. I have to deal with anxiety and insecurities problem, because I have zero experience on working with myself. Once in a while, I would remember when I used to have people around me who always remind each other if we did things wrong. And now, being my own boss, I am in full control of myself. Fortunately, I somehow managed to stay positive and motivated. I keep on forcing myself to stay on track and doing my best to stay away from the devil called 'procrastination'. I have to admit that anxiety and insecurities still walk through me every now and then, and things has been a mess here and there, but I have made an agreement with myself that I will not give up no matter how messy things could be and that's how I keep going. All I can do is believe in myself and keep moving forward. I did not look back. I just don't fancy the idea of going backward and end up at the same old place again.

So what have I been doing in the past 2 months?
Most of the time I will be working on building my portfolio. I did makeup for free on anyone who's willing to be my model. As a makeup artist, I will be working on many different skin and face shape, and that is something that I really need to get used to. So I did makeup on my little sister, my mom, my family, friends, and basically everyone. By doing so, I am sharpening my knowledge and experience. I did not ask for any fee, but how kind they are to support me with a few bucks. I also need to mention that they gave me a lot of positive feedback. You can not imagine how I am so thankful for all the care, support and feedback. They're just mean so much to me.

FYI, I have started to promote myself as a makeup artist. I posted a few of my works on instagram and shared my name cards to every single possible customer I met (if you want to check on my works and give feedback, I will leave a link just right here). I still need to contact photographers and wedding organizers, so they would add me to their dealer list. Definitely something that I will be working on very soon.


Aside of makeup, I have also took a hair do course from a local expert and it's still ongoing now. I want to try something new and anyway it has a good link with my makeup business, so why not. It has been super fun. My teacher is awesome and by the way he is younger than me. He is super nice and he thought me very patiently and clearly. So far I'm doing well with the course material (still need to practice more on the back-combing thing. It really drives me crazy. Hahaha..) and hopefully getting better at it.


In terms of blog, I seriously love it. I never knew that blogging could be this fun and exciting. It's like a little space for me to share myself with the world and just connect to people who previously seems unreachable. It is for sure one of the most awesome thing that I have ever done in my life *big smile*. I promise you guys that I will push my brain more and more to write as much as possible and update you guys with a more interesting contents. My writing skill is definitely needs to be polished, and I'm sooo sorry if I write like a kindergarten (I'm Indonesian btw, if you haven't know already). Trust me, I'm working on that with every possible way I can do. 


So that's all for now guys! A little update on my life so far. Well.. It is not a big leap, but it is slowly getting there. I would like to apologize if in some parts I may sound so desperate, but I tried to share things as real as possible and I believe I'm not the only person in this planet that struggle with this. Anyway, as people said, 'Sharing is Caring' and I thank you guys for listening to me. I really appreciate you for sparing your precious time with me.

Have you been or maybe are you going on the same situation as I am now? Please share your story below so I can hear it too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *