November 02, 2015

A Huge PIXY Haul, Reviews and A Makeup Look



It is a Beauty Sale week in Hypermart and it's an up to 40% off for items in the beauty department. Of course I have to get down right after and pick up some stuff.




When I saw that Pixy had 20% discount on all item, I directly went to their counter and spent literally 1 hour on picking out products. Honestly, never in my life I've ever used Pixy products, so this is my first time. I was being skeptical because their price is super cheap. Most the products range from 10.000 to 50.000 and even less when they're on sale. But I read some very good reviews of their products and I'm curious, so I gotta give it a go - a classic beauty blogger justification for splurging. This brand is a totally different one with the Pixi Beauty which is from the States. Our Pixy is under licensed of Mandom Beauty Tokyo and it is made in Indonesia.


Alright! Enough rambling, here are the stuffs that I took home with me and the thoughts that I've had so far.



MAKEUP




For face makeup, I picked up the Pixy BB Cream Bright Fix in Beige (IDR 24.000). This is a recent launch by Pixy which is targeted for younger skin and it has received so many great review. Unfortunately, they don't have a wide range of color. There's only 3 colors available in the market and I choose the darkest color which luckily match my skin tone (btw, I am MAC NC35). The texture is very lightweight and the coverage is also light. However it is build-able. I personally like medium to full coverage, so I layer it twice and it gives me a nice and smooth surface and my face did look brighter. 

Pixy Pure Finish Compact Powder in Pink Beige (IDR 28.000) is the setting powder which comes in the same series with the BB Cream. When I touch it, I can feel that the powder is finely milled and super smooth. It absorbs oil and mattify the skin which leaves us with a beautiful velvety smooth finish. And to match the BB Cream, it also comes in the same 3 colors and I picked the medium shade. Both products have a flowery scent, but fades right-away when applied to the skin.



(L-R: 503 Brown Sugar - Satin; 308 Hazy Rosy - Matte; Waterproof Mascara - Blue; Perfect Eyeliner - Black; BB Cream - Beige)

The next two are Pixy Perfect Eyeliner in Black (IDR 32.320) and Pixy Waterproof Mascara in Blue (IDR 31.480). They both are just the classic eyeliner and mascara. The eyeliner is very black and it's also waterproof. It's a liquid liner that comes with a felt tip applicator which give you a lot of control while applying. I was able to create the perfect winged shape eyeliner using this. The mascara comes with a curved wand which helps to lengthen and curl my lashes. Other great thing is that it didn't get clumpy. I meant to get a black color mascara, but I think the lady gave me a wrong one and I didn't check it (my bad..). But anyway, the blue is very dark you can barely see if it's blue. 


The lipsticks come in a wide color selections and finishes. I bought 2 of them in satin and matte finish. Pixy Silky Fit Lipstick Satin in 503 Brown Sugar (IDR 23.600) which is a brown nude color and Pixy Lasting Matte Lipstick in 308 Hazy Rosy (IDR 30.000) which is more of a pinky nude. I saw my friend using this lipstick the other day and it looked really good. This particular color from the satin finish doesn't have a very good pigmentation. It is slightly sheer and looks more like a MAC Cremesheen finish, but I do like the finish because it looks very natural. On the other side, the matte finish is very pigmented and velvety. I would say that this similar to MAC Satin finish, because the formula is more creamier that most matte finish. Both lipsticks last a pretty good time from around 3 to 4 hours and although it dried up my lips a little bit, a good lipbalm or lipgloss will do the work


I seriously had difficulties on choosing the blush. They were either too pink or too orange and the other are just too choky. I swatched everything and I drop my choice to Pixy Blush On in 04 Passion Roses (IDR 27.200). Even though it's still a little bit choky, it looks and feels better than the others. It's a mauvey rose color with a tiny hint of shimmer which gives a nice natural glow on the skin. There's some effort needs to be involved on applying this, since the pigmentation is barely there and it's not the most blend-able formula that I have ever work with. I really need to slowly layer it and build the color little by little so it doesn't end up looking patchy on my  face.


(L-R: Eye shadow - 05 Bronze Delight; Eyeshadow - 01 Romantic Poets; Blush on - 04 Passion Roses)

For eye shadows, I grabbed Pixy Eye Shadow (IDR 27.200) in 01 Romantic Poem which is a pinky rosy shade and 05 Bronze Delight which lays more toward a nude brown instead of bronze. Both are a combination of 2 eye shadows, a lighter eyelid/highlight color and a darker crease color. Just as the blush on, the texture is kind of choky and need a good layering for a better blended eye look. I need to layer 3 times to get the pigmentation as in the swatches above.


SKINCARE



FYI, I like a milky type cleanser and soothing toner. They're just my favorite skincare step. I have a weak heart for them. That's why I picked up Pixy Brightening Milk Cleanser and Pixy Brightening Fresh Toner (IDR 9.600 each). They are not my favorite though. The cleanser felt so oily and greasy on the skin and if you look at the ingredients, you can find mineral oil in it and that's not a good thing. Do you know that mineral oil can clogged your pore and cause break out? Now for the toner, it stings my skin. It contains a generous amount of alcohol which is not good for the skin. Sadly to say, they are not something that I will recommend to everyone.


I did swatch so many things that day and I tried to wipe it off with Pixy Perfect-Off Cleansing Gel (IDR 18.400). With only a pea size amount, I rubbed it on my hand and it wiped off a hand-full of swatches without any traces. I thought it's worth the try so I picked it up. I removed my makeup last night using this and even though it worked well, it smells horrible. It smells like chemical and it's too strong, I can't stand it. The gel is somewhat tacky and hard to blend. I will try to finish it, but it's not my first priority for future repurchase.


Unlike the previous cleansers, Pixy Eye & Lip Makeup Remover (IDR 20.000) is the bomb product from Pixy! I remember reading a good review from an Indonesian beauty blogger who brought 6 of them and give it away to her friends and family because it's that good. So I bought it, tried it and love it. Seriously, it is comparable to the products with a higher price. It is a classic lip and eye makeup remover which has 2 liquid/oil and you just mix it together by shaking it, put it in a cotton pad and wipe your makeup off. I took of most of my eye makeup in just one swipe. It is absolutely awesome.


Just like its name, Pixy White Aqua Gel Cream (IDR 27.250 for 18ml) has a gel-ish texture which is similar to my old Origins GinZing. I like the texture of this moisturizer, especially for my oily skin. It absorbs fast and has a cooling effect when I tried it on my hand. Well.. It looks promising and the smell is nice too. It's a subtle flowery scent and it doesn't linger for too long, so it's not going to be a big problem if you are sensitive to fragrances. I tried it on my skin and it drank it right away leaving a moisturized skin without any greasy feeling. Even though this is marketed as a night cream, I will use it as a day cream since it is so lightweight. Like it!


That's it all for my Pixy haul, it was a rather long one but really fun to write. I quite like some of the products like their makeup remover and BB Cream, however some of it just a big down fall for me.

Lastly, I also came up with a makeup look using all their products and this is how it looks like. *I'm, really sorry for the lighting, it was so dark*


What do you guys think?

1 comment:

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *